Friday, January 6, 2012

Jump Start

When I think about my running, it normally looks like this….


However, after much deliberation, I have decided to run (yes run) the Country Music half -marathon…pause for shock. I am not a runner. I have never been one for running. So…why now? Well, the only real answer that I can provide (and to be completely honest) is that I always go through phases in my life where I focus on one exercise and I give it my all. Last year was tennis. Though I still play, and I can’t wait for the spring league to hurry up and get here, I wanted to focus (try) on something new. No doubt this is challenging. Not only is the training part hard, but there is this whole running world telling you about what your particular diet should be, how to run/train and schedules…. This alone will tire you out before you even get started! Needless to say, I am way over my head!


What I am excited about is the fact that hopefully, by the end, I will actually come to like (maybe even love) running! I know that this is a great sport for not only your body, but your mind as well. I wanted to focus on being healthier and exercising more in 2012…. What better way to do so than training for a half marathon! I will keep you posted as I start this training (person journey). I am working on finding a way to track my miles on my blog, and I will pass along tips I learn and read about in regards to dieting and training schedules. Wish me luck!












-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment