Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Grab a book

After a night of New Year’s Eve fun, I thought it would be a good idea to hang around my house and stay put for my days off from work. I was able to get my house clean, play endlessly with my puppy, and make a list of things to do in the coming weeks. Also, it was a great time for me to start up my fire and read a book. I love reading. I have no excuse as to why I don’t read more. I was given the Kindle last year as a Christmas present, and I have loved it from the beginning! However, after getting home from work, playing with my dog and fixing dinner, the last thing I feel like doing is reading (I would rather watch tv)…. guilty!

So as part of my new year’s resolution I wanted to start reading more. I decided to go with an easier read to get back into the swing of things- The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins. Well… I finished the first book in less than 24 hours. I could not put it down! So needless to say I am back into my reading habit and loving every bit of it! On to book two!

What made my days off even better, besides the reading, was being able to do so in front of my wood burning fire place! I am lucky enough to even have a fireplace, but even more so that it is wood burning! With that said, I attached some images of some rooms/places that look to be perfect for reading. Everyone needs to take a break and settle down with a good book, no matter the subject! Happy reading!






(I love window seats! I think they are perfect for reading)





(This was featured in Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles. This mountain house actually belongs to our close family friends- Atlanta Homes & Lifestyle)








( This picture was taken over Christmas, but you get the idea of where I was all weekend)

-Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment